Girl`s nose chopped off for refusing marriage proposal
Islamabad: A labourer`s daughter`s nose was chopped off by influential landlords in Pakistan`s Punjab province as she refused a marriage proposal.
The Lahore High Court complaint cell took notice of the case Friday and asked the Bahawalnagar district and sessions judge to submit a detailed report within a week so that necessary action could be taken against the accused, the Dawn online reported.
The father of Fareeda Bibi, 20, worked for Jamshed and Nadeem at Basti Sherwali in the Punjab province.
Fareeda reportedly she refused the marriage proposal of Jamshed`s son with her following which Jamshed and Nadeem, along with five others, barged into her house and tortured and chopped off her nose.
The family had also tried to abduct her earlier but failed.
A case has been registered against the seven accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days