Government will complete the term: Zardari
Karachi: Announcing the local bodies
election here, President Asif Zardari on Thursday expressed
confidence that his coalition government will complete its
five-year term and said there will be general elections in the
country after that to "continue the democratic process".
"Our earlier governments lasted only 18 months and three
years, but this time our coalition government will strengthen
and will hold a general election after five years to continue
Unlike the previous governments of PPP, the coalition
government will complete its five-year term besides
strengthening parliament and democracy, he said.
He also announced that the local bodies elections would
be held in four months time on party basis and said the
elections process will strengthen the process and environment
of democracy in the country.
Zardari also announced high density projects here to cope
with the rapid growth of the city and to turn it into a model
The city administration would carry out a satellite
mapping of Karachi and update it regularly to keep tab of
development schemes, he said.
He also announced that a new city, Zulfiqarabad named
after the late prime minister and party leader, Zulfiqar Ali
Bhutto would be developed between Karachi and Hyderabad and it
would be a crime-free city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report