‘Govt begins process to bring back Mush to Pak`
Islamabad: Pakistan`s top investigative
agency FIA has been directed to write to Interpol for the
issuance of a Red Corner Notice against former military ruler
Pervez Musharraf so that he can be brought back to the country
to face trial, Interior Minister Rehman Malik said today.
The procedure for obtaining the Red Corner Notice has
started and the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) will
approach Interpol within the next few days so that Musharraf
can be arrested and brought back to Pakistan to face the
charge of alleged involvement in the assassination of former
prime minister Benazir Bhutto, Malik told reporters on the
sidelines of an official function.
"We have started the procedure and we will bring
Musharraf back to the country soon with a Red Corner Notice
issued through Interpol," he said.
Malik had announced on Wednesday that the government
would bring Musharraf back to Pakistan to face trial for his
alleged role in failing to provide adequate security to Bhutto
at the time of her assassination in 2007.
He had said that several notices were served on the
former dictator through the Pakistan High Commission in London
and the government would seek a Red Corner Notice from
Interpol to bring him back to Pakistan.
Musharraf, who has been living in self-exile in London
and Dubai since 2009, has denied allegations that he was in
any way involved in the assassination of Bhutto and said he
was willing to face the courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Amjad Sabri laid to rest amid tears, thousands attend Karachi funeral
- Euro 2016: Wayne Rooney and Roy Hodgson seek more ruthless from England against Iceland
- Gunman, who opened fire at German cinema complex before being shot dead, acted alone
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker