Grant permanent residence to foreigners in Myanmar: Vice president
Yangon: Myanmar Vice President U Nyan Tun has called for granting permanent residence (PR) to foreigners who would like to help the country, reported Xinhua citing the country`s official daily Saturday.
Nyan Tun, who is also chairman of the Permanent Residence System Management Committee, said at the committee`s meeting in Nay Pyi Taw Friday that permanent residence is a prerequisite for attracting foreign investors, according to the New Light of Myanmar.
He said that as the move was the first time for the country to provide PR to foreigners, the process would be implemented in line with the national interest and security in legal, national and international aspects.
He also quoted the President U Thein Sein as saying in meeting with Myanmar citizens in the US on his tour last year that the government has a plan to grant permanent residence to Myanmar nationals in foreign countries and foreigners who would contribute their experience and expertise to economic development of the country as the 1982 Myanmar Citizenship law does not allow dual citizenship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic