Grant permanent residence to foreigners in Myanmar: Vice president
Yangon: Myanmar Vice President U Nyan Tun has called for granting permanent residence (PR) to foreigners who would like to help the country, reported Xinhua citing the country`s official daily Saturday.
Nyan Tun, who is also chairman of the Permanent Residence System Management Committee, said at the committee`s meeting in Nay Pyi Taw Friday that permanent residence is a prerequisite for attracting foreign investors, according to the New Light of Myanmar.
He said that as the move was the first time for the country to provide PR to foreigners, the process would be implemented in line with the national interest and security in legal, national and international aspects.
He also quoted the President U Thein Sein as saying in meeting with Myanmar citizens in the US on his tour last year that the government has a plan to grant permanent residence to Myanmar nationals in foreign countries and foreigners who would contribute their experience and expertise to economic development of the country as the 1982 Myanmar Citizenship law does not allow dual citizenship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery