Grant permanent residence to foreigners in Myanmar: Vice president
Yangon: Myanmar Vice President U Nyan Tun has called for granting permanent residence (PR) to foreigners who would like to help the country, reported Xinhua citing the country`s official daily Saturday.
Nyan Tun, who is also chairman of the Permanent Residence System Management Committee, said at the committee`s meeting in Nay Pyi Taw Friday that permanent residence is a prerequisite for attracting foreign investors, according to the New Light of Myanmar.
He said that as the move was the first time for the country to provide PR to foreigners, the process would be implemented in line with the national interest and security in legal, national and international aspects.
He also quoted the President U Thein Sein as saying in meeting with Myanmar citizens in the US on his tour last year that the government has a plan to grant permanent residence to Myanmar nationals in foreign countries and foreigners who would contribute their experience and expertise to economic development of the country as the 1982 Myanmar Citizenship law does not allow dual citizenship.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi