Grenade attack at PAF base in Karachi
Islamabad: One person was injured when unidentified attackers lobbed two grenades at the gate of a Pakistan Air Force base in the southern port city of Karachi, an official spokesman said.
The attackers hurled two grenades at the PAF base at Shahrah-e-Faisal last evening, an air force spokesperson said.
A passer-by injured in the attack was taken to Jinnah Hospital for first aid. Police officials said the attackers were riding a motorcycle.
Additional security forces were sent to the base after the attack, they said.
The spokesperson said security agencies were in "full control of the situation" and had launched an investigation into the incident. The investigators had obtained CCTV footage to identify the attackers.
Security at all PAF bases across the country was "already on high alert", the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- The Pot Simmers: Beef Politics in UP; Beef Festival in Kerala