Grenade attack at PAF base in Karachi
Islamabad: One person was injured when unidentified attackers lobbed two grenades at the gate of a Pakistan Air Force base in the southern port city of Karachi, an official spokesman said.
The attackers hurled two grenades at the PAF base at Shahrah-e-Faisal last evening, an air force spokesperson said.
A passer-by injured in the attack was taken to Jinnah Hospital for first aid. Police officials said the attackers were riding a motorcycle.
Additional security forces were sent to the base after the attack, they said.
The spokesperson said security agencies were in "full control of the situation" and had launched an investigation into the incident. The investigators had obtained CCTV footage to identify the attackers.
Security at all PAF bases across the country was "already on high alert", the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!