Grenade attack at PAF base in Karachi
Islamabad: One person was injured when unidentified attackers lobbed two grenades at the gate of a Pakistan Air Force base in the southern port city of Karachi, an official spokesman said.
The attackers hurled two grenades at the PAF base at Shahrah-e-Faisal last evening, an air force spokesperson said.
A passer-by injured in the attack was taken to Jinnah Hospital for first aid. Police officials said the attackers were riding a motorcycle.
Additional security forces were sent to the base after the attack, they said.
The spokesperson said security agencies were in "full control of the situation" and had launched an investigation into the incident. The investigators had obtained CCTV footage to identify the attackers.
Security at all PAF bases across the country was "already on high alert", the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das