Grenade attack at PAF base in Karachi
Islamabad: One person was injured when unidentified attackers lobbed two grenades at the gate of a Pakistan Air Force base in the southern port city of Karachi, an official spokesman said.
The attackers hurled two grenades at the PAF base at Shahrah-e-Faisal last evening, an air force spokesperson said.
A passer-by injured in the attack was taken to Jinnah Hospital for first aid. Police officials said the attackers were riding a motorcycle.
Additional security forces were sent to the base after the attack, they said.
The spokesperson said security agencies were in "full control of the situation" and had launched an investigation into the incident. The investigators had obtained CCTV footage to identify the attackers.
Security at all PAF bases across the country was "already on high alert", the spokesperson said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed