Grenade attack kills Afghan child, wounds 6
Kabul: A local official in southern Afghanistan says insurgents have thrown hand grenades into two houses in the province of Kandahar, killing a child in one and wounding six people — including a woman and a child — in the other.
The Kandahar governor`s spokesman, Zelmai Ayubi, says the attack occurred on Friday morning in the district of Zhari, a Taliban heartland west of Kandahar city at the centre of the 30,000-soldier US surge earlier this year.
Ayubi says authorities were investigating why the two houses were targeted. He says the wounded had been taken to a nearby NATO base for medical help, and that two of the wounded were in serious condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan