Grenade attack kills Afghan child, wounds 6
Kabul: A local official in southern Afghanistan says insurgents have thrown hand grenades into two houses in the province of Kandahar, killing a child in one and wounding six people — including a woman and a child — in the other.
The Kandahar governor`s spokesman, Zelmai Ayubi, says the attack occurred on Friday morning in the district of Zhari, a Taliban heartland west of Kandahar city at the centre of the 30,000-soldier US surge earlier this year.
Ayubi says authorities were investigating why the two houses were targeted. He says the wounded had been taken to a nearby NATO base for medical help, and that two of the wounded were in serious condition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love