Grenade attack near Imran Khan`s party gathering, 3 injured
Islamabad: At least three people were injured when a hand grenade attack on a meeting of Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf party in a northwestern province on Sunday, police said.
Police sources said the miscreants, riding a motorcycle hurled a grenade at the corner meeting in Mardan district, some 50 kilometres from Peshawar, the provincial capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The miscreants fled after the attack.
Tehreek-i-Insaf said nearly 30 people were present at the meeting.
No group claimed responsibility.
Yesterday, a Tehreek-i-Insaf office in Peshawar was targeted with a timed-device. However, there was no casualty in the incident.
Violence has been on the rise ahead of the May 11 general elections, with the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan targeting the Awami National Party (ANP), the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) and the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) terming them "secular".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview
- Pakistan vs England, 2nd T20: Live Streaming