Grenade attack near Imran Khan`s party gathering, 3 injured
Islamabad: At least three people were injured when a hand grenade attack on a meeting of Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf party in a northwestern province on Sunday, police said.
Police sources said the miscreants, riding a motorcycle hurled a grenade at the corner meeting in Mardan district, some 50 kilometres from Peshawar, the provincial capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The miscreants fled after the attack.
Tehreek-i-Insaf said nearly 30 people were present at the meeting.
No group claimed responsibility.
Yesterday, a Tehreek-i-Insaf office in Peshawar was targeted with a timed-device. However, there was no casualty in the incident.
Violence has been on the rise ahead of the May 11 general elections, with the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan targeting the Awami National Party (ANP), the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) and the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) terming them "secular".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing