Grenade attack near Imran Khan`s party gathering, 3 injured
Islamabad: At least three people were injured when a hand grenade attack on a meeting of Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf party in a northwestern province on Sunday, police said.
Police sources said the miscreants, riding a motorcycle hurled a grenade at the corner meeting in Mardan district, some 50 kilometres from Peshawar, the provincial capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The miscreants fled after the attack.
Tehreek-i-Insaf said nearly 30 people were present at the meeting.
No group claimed responsibility.
Yesterday, a Tehreek-i-Insaf office in Peshawar was targeted with a timed-device. However, there was no casualty in the incident.
Violence has been on the rise ahead of the May 11 general elections, with the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan targeting the Awami National Party (ANP), the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) and the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) terming them "secular".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon