Grenade attack near Imran Khan`s party gathering, 3 injured
Islamabad: At least three people were injured when a hand grenade attack on a meeting of Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf party in a northwestern province on Sunday, police said.
Police sources said the miscreants, riding a motorcycle hurled a grenade at the corner meeting in Mardan district, some 50 kilometres from Peshawar, the provincial capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
The miscreants fled after the attack.
Tehreek-i-Insaf said nearly 30 people were present at the meeting.
No group claimed responsibility.
Yesterday, a Tehreek-i-Insaf office in Peshawar was targeted with a timed-device. However, there was no casualty in the incident.
Violence has been on the rise ahead of the May 11 general elections, with the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan targeting the Awami National Party (ANP), the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) and the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) terming them "secular".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi