Grenades hurled at Balochistan leader`s residence
Islamabad: A prominent politician in Balochistan escaped an attempt on his life when unidentified motorcycle-borne armed men threw grenades at his residence in Pakistan`s restive Balochistan.
The men hurled two hand grenades at the residence of Sardar Akhtar Mengal, the president of the Balochistan National Party-Mengal (BNP-M).
"Two grenades exploded inside the house located in Railway Housing Society," police officials said, adding that windowpanes of the house were smashed in the attack last night.
Mengal was not present in the house at the time of the attack.
He was at his other house located in Sariab road area of Quetta, The Dawn reported.
Balochistan Chief Minister Dr Abdul Malik Baloch condemned the attack and termed it "against the Baloch and Balochistan traditions".
He said the elements involved would be taken to task.
He directed the officials concerned to take all possible measures for providing protection to Mengal.
The local administration has stepped up security by deploying heavy contingent of police and personnel of other security forces around Mengal`s houses in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred