Groom, bride missing after boat capsize in Nepal
Kathmandu: Three people, including the
groom and the bride, who were part of a marriage procession
have gone missing when a boat capsized in a river in eastern
One out of the total four persons missing in the
Okhaldhunga-boat capsized in Sunkosi river in Okhaldhung
district in eastern Nepal, has been rescued later in the
Rest of the three are still missing in the Sunkoshi
River, the police said.
Two of them have been identified as groom Mahesh
Dhamala of Ghurmi in Udayapur district and bride Sumitra
Luitel of Balakhu in Okhaldhunga district, the police said.
It is learnt that the boat, which was carrying nine
wedding celebrants from Okhaldhunga to Udayapur, capsized at
Thamleghat of Balakhu-7 at around 8.30 am on Sunday morning.
Rescue operations are underway in the accident,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok