Groom, bride missing after boat capsize in Nepal
Kathmandu: Three people, including the
groom and the bride, who were part of a marriage procession
have gone missing when a boat capsized in a river in eastern
One out of the total four persons missing in the
Okhaldhunga-boat capsized in Sunkosi river in Okhaldhung
district in eastern Nepal, has been rescued later in the
Rest of the three are still missing in the Sunkoshi
River, the police said.
Two of them have been identified as groom Mahesh
Dhamala of Ghurmi in Udayapur district and bride Sumitra
Luitel of Balakhu in Okhaldhunga district, the police said.
It is learnt that the boat, which was carrying nine
wedding celebrants from Okhaldhunga to Udayapur, capsized at
Thamleghat of Balakhu-7 at around 8.30 am on Sunday morning.
Rescue operations are underway in the accident,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka