Gujarat Police chief dies while holidaying in Thailand
Phuket (Thailand): Gujarat Police chief Amitabh Pathak, who was holidaying here with his family, died of a heart attack on Friday.
Pathak, 58, was swimming when he suffered a massive cardiac arrest, officials of the Indian Embassy in Bangkok said.
Indian Ambassador Anil Wadhwa said the mission is extending all assistance to Pathak`s family.
Pathak had gone to Thailand with his family for a vacation. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
An IPS officer of the 1977 batch, Pathak was appointed Director General of Police of Gujarat on February 27 this year.
On Independence Day, Pathak fainted while standing near the podium where Chief Minister Narendra Modi was delivering his speech at Bhuj in Gujarat. At the time, he said he suddenly felt fatigued and fell down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31