Gujarat Police chief dies while holidaying in Thailand
Phuket (Thailand): Gujarat Police chief Amitabh Pathak, who was holidaying here with his family, died of a heart attack on Friday.
Pathak, 58, was swimming when he suffered a massive cardiac arrest, officials of the Indian Embassy in Bangkok said.
Indian Ambassador Anil Wadhwa said the mission is extending all assistance to Pathak`s family.
Pathak had gone to Thailand with his family for a vacation. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
An IPS officer of the 1977 batch, Pathak was appointed Director General of Police of Gujarat on February 27 this year.
On Independence Day, Pathak fainted while standing near the podium where Chief Minister Narendra Modi was delivering his speech at Bhuj in Gujarat. At the time, he said he suddenly felt fatigued and fell down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan