Gulzar left for India despite security assurance in Pak: Rehman Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that Gulzar left for India despite his assurance that he would be provided fool proof security in Karachi.
The Indian poet and director went to Pakistan to attend a literary festival.
According to the News, in his massage posted on a social networking website, Malik said Gulzar was misinformed by some of his friends in the US by telephone that he might be attacked in Karachi.
He said the Indian dignitary had a valid visa and he departed on his own and was not deported.
According to media reports, now Shobhaa De has also cancelled her visit to the festival, saying her visa was issued too late.
The KFL organizers tweeted that the Mumbai born author said she would like to attend the festival next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!