Gulzar left for India despite security assurance in Pak: Rehman Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that Gulzar left for India despite his assurance that he would be provided fool proof security in Karachi.
The Indian poet and director went to Pakistan to attend a literary festival.
According to the News, in his massage posted on a social networking website, Malik said Gulzar was misinformed by some of his friends in the US by telephone that he might be attacked in Karachi.
He said the Indian dignitary had a valid visa and he departed on his own and was not deported.
According to media reports, now Shobhaa De has also cancelled her visit to the festival, saying her visa was issued too late.
The KFL organizers tweeted that the Mumbai born author said she would like to attend the festival next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state