Gulzar left for India despite security assurance in Pak: Rehman Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that Gulzar left for India despite his assurance that he would be provided fool proof security in Karachi.
The Indian poet and director went to Pakistan to attend a literary festival.
According to the News, in his massage posted on a social networking website, Malik said Gulzar was misinformed by some of his friends in the US by telephone that he might be attacked in Karachi.
He said the Indian dignitary had a valid visa and he departed on his own and was not deported.
According to media reports, now Shobhaa De has also cancelled her visit to the festival, saying her visa was issued too late.
The KFL organizers tweeted that the Mumbai born author said she would like to attend the festival next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?