Gulzar left for India despite security assurance in Pak: Rehman Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that Gulzar left for India despite his assurance that he would be provided fool proof security in Karachi.
The Indian poet and director went to Pakistan to attend a literary festival.
According to the News, in his massage posted on a social networking website, Malik said Gulzar was misinformed by some of his friends in the US by telephone that he might be attacked in Karachi.
He said the Indian dignitary had a valid visa and he departed on his own and was not deported.
According to media reports, now Shobhaa De has also cancelled her visit to the festival, saying her visa was issued too late.
The KFL organizers tweeted that the Mumbai born author said she would like to attend the festival next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!