Gulzar left for India despite security assurance in Pak: Rehman Malik
Islamabad: Pakistan`s Interior Minister Rehman Malik has said that Gulzar left for India despite his assurance that he would be provided fool proof security in Karachi.
The Indian poet and director went to Pakistan to attend a literary festival.
According to the News, in his massage posted on a social networking website, Malik said Gulzar was misinformed by some of his friends in the US by telephone that he might be attacked in Karachi.
He said the Indian dignitary had a valid visa and he departed on his own and was not deported.
According to media reports, now Shobhaa De has also cancelled her visit to the festival, saying her visa was issued too late.
The KFL organizers tweeted that the Mumbai born author said she would like to attend the festival next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Beware! These daily habits are damaging your hair badly
- Jharkhand opposition raises custodial death, cop suicide in assembly
- Have you tried the bow bun as yet? Watch video to learn the styling right
- Goa tourism may scale down tender price for beach cleaning
- Earth's tidal forces can trigger earthquake across a US fault