Gunmen free 2 Taliban captives in Pakistan
Peshawar, Pakistan: Taliban militants ambushed a police van carrying two of their comrades back to jail after a trip to the dentist, freeing the captives, police said.
Officer Iftikhar Khan reportedly said three police guards are killed in Friday`s incident in the northwestern city of Peshawar. He identified the two freed prisoners as Nadeem Abbas and Zakim Shah. They are from the Pakistani Taliban, a militant group waging war against the Pakistani state, he added.
The group is strong in the northwest close to the Afghan border and has been carrying out attacks since 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill