Gunmen kill govt official, 2 cops in SW Pakistan
Islamabad: A senior government official and two policemen were killed in two separate shootings at Quetta city in southwest Pakistan today, officials said.
Khadim Hussain, Deputy Director of the Public Relations Department, was on his way to work when unidentified gunmen riding a motorcycle fired at his vehicle at Shahra-e-Iqbal in Quetta.
Hussain was seriously injured and died while being taken to hospital. The gunmen who attacked Hussain were intercepted by policemen on Jinnah Road.
Two policemen were killed and another injured in an exchange of fire.
The attackers managed to escape, officials said.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack on the government official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco