Gunmen kill govt official, 2 cops in SW Pakistan
Islamabad: A senior government official and two policemen were killed in two separate shootings at Quetta city in southwest Pakistan today, officials said.
Khadim Hussain, Deputy Director of the Public Relations Department, was on his way to work when unidentified gunmen riding a motorcycle fired at his vehicle at Shahra-e-Iqbal in Quetta.
Hussain was seriously injured and died while being taken to hospital. The gunmen who attacked Hussain were intercepted by policemen on Jinnah Road.
Two policemen were killed and another injured in an exchange of fire.
The attackers managed to escape, officials said.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack on the government official.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference