Gunmen kill three Hazara Shias in southwest Pakistan
Islamabad: Three Hazara Shia men were killed and two others injured when gunmen opened fire at a taxi on a busy thoroughfare in southwest Pakistan`s Quetta city on Monday, police said.
Two gunmen, who were riding a motorcycle, fired indiscriminately at the taxi on Spini Road on the outskirt of Quetta, police said, adding three men were killed instantly.
The injured men were taken to the nearby Bolan Medical Hospital. The gunmen escaped after the shooting.
Police officials and witnesses said all the victims were Hazara Shias. The incident created tension in the area. The Hazara Democratic Party strongly condemned the attack.
Quetta and its surrounding areas have witnessed a series of attacks on Hazara Shias. Dozens of members of the minority community have died in these attacks.
The banned Lashkar-e-Jhanvi have been blamed for most of the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH