Gunmen kill three Hazara Shias in southwest Pakistan
Islamabad: Three Hazara Shia men were killed and two others injured when gunmen opened fire at a taxi on a busy thoroughfare in southwest Pakistan`s Quetta city on Monday, police said.
Two gunmen, who were riding a motorcycle, fired indiscriminately at the taxi on Spini Road on the outskirt of Quetta, police said, adding three men were killed instantly.
The injured men were taken to the nearby Bolan Medical Hospital. The gunmen escaped after the shooting.
Police officials and witnesses said all the victims were Hazara Shias. The incident created tension in the area. The Hazara Democratic Party strongly condemned the attack.
Quetta and its surrounding areas have witnessed a series of attacks on Hazara Shias. Dozens of members of the minority community have died in these attacks.
The banned Lashkar-e-Jhanvi have been blamed for most of the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez