Gunmen kill three Hazara Shias in southwest Pakistan
Islamabad: Three Hazara Shia men were killed and two others injured when gunmen opened fire at a taxi on a busy thoroughfare in southwest Pakistan`s Quetta city on Monday, police said.
Two gunmen, who were riding a motorcycle, fired indiscriminately at the taxi on Spini Road on the outskirt of Quetta, police said, adding three men were killed instantly.
The injured men were taken to the nearby Bolan Medical Hospital. The gunmen escaped after the shooting.
Police officials and witnesses said all the victims were Hazara Shias. The incident created tension in the area. The Hazara Democratic Party strongly condemned the attack.
Quetta and its surrounding areas have witnessed a series of attacks on Hazara Shias. Dozens of members of the minority community have died in these attacks.
The banned Lashkar-e-Jhanvi have been blamed for most of the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Reasons why you're having chest pain!
- Madhya Pradesh assembly to consider GST Bill today
- Rohith Vemula suicide case: Hyderabad V-C can't be held responsible, concludes HRD probe panel
- Saradha scam: ED summons P Chidambaram's wife Nalini
- Half the town is gone, says Amatrice mayor as 6.2-magnitude earthquake strikes central Italy; toll rises to 14