Gurdwaras in Pakistan could be Taliban`s next target
Islamabad: The Pakistan government has said the Sikh community and their places of worship, Gurdwaras, could be the next target of the Taliban.
The warning from the government came after the deadly attacks on a Peshawar church, which killed hundreds.
In the view of the likely threat, the Interior Ministry has issued instructions to the provincial home departments to beef up security at all gurdwaras under their respective jurisdiction.
According to the Nation, the Punjab government has directed Commissioner Lahore division to make plans for the protection of the sacred places of Sikh community especially the Gurdwara Gurunanak Singh at Nankana Sahib.
The Interior Ministry has also asked the provincial governments to seek cooperation of religious scholars and the NGOs to safeguard the places of worship.
Interior Minister Ch Nisar Ali Khan will soon meet the representative delegations from all religions to seek their cooperation on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah