Gyanendra, Paras involved in 2001 royal massacre: Report
Kathmandu: Deposed King Gyanendra and his
son Paras were involved in the 2001 palace massacre that
killed ex-monarch Birendra along with most of his family, a
Nepalese prisoner, who claimed to be a former royal bodyguard,
Gyanendra has been at the centre of many conspiracy
theories, including the palace massacre that killed his
popular older brother Birendra along with most of the royal
family by the then crown prince Dipendra, who was allegedly
fuelled by a cocktail of drugs and alcohol.
Lal Bahadur Magar, who is serving a jail term Birgunj
jail on charge of killing a couple, claimed that he was an
eye-witness to the royal massacre, according to a report in
eKantipur, the online news portal of Kathmandu Post newspaper.
Magar claimed that former crown prince Paras was
behind the killing of the family of the former King, said the
report, which quoted the news agency RSS as saying.
According to the report, Magar, who claimed that he
was one of the bodyguards of Deependra at the time when the
massacre took place, accused Paras of involvement in the
killing when Maoist parliamentarian Leela Kumar Baga went to
meet him in the jail yesterday. The prisoner alleged that
Gyanendra had a hand in the massacre, the news portal
Gyanendra, who for the first time acquired a passport
in his name?at the age of 64 last month, is in India on a
personal visit since the first week of December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!