Gyanendra, Paras involved in 2001 royal massacre: Report
Kathmandu: Deposed King Gyanendra and his
son Paras were involved in the 2001 palace massacre that
killed ex-monarch Birendra along with most of his family, a
Nepalese prisoner, who claimed to be a former royal bodyguard,
Gyanendra has been at the centre of many conspiracy
theories, including the palace massacre that killed his
popular older brother Birendra along with most of the royal
family by the then crown prince Dipendra, who was allegedly
fuelled by a cocktail of drugs and alcohol.
Lal Bahadur Magar, who is serving a jail term Birgunj
jail on charge of killing a couple, claimed that he was an
eye-witness to the royal massacre, according to a report in
eKantipur, the online news portal of Kathmandu Post newspaper.
Magar claimed that former crown prince Paras was
behind the killing of the family of the former King, said the
report, which quoted the news agency RSS as saying.
According to the report, Magar, who claimed that he
was one of the bodyguards of Deependra at the time when the
massacre took place, accused Paras of involvement in the
killing when Maoist parliamentarian Leela Kumar Baga went to
meet him in the jail yesterday. The prisoner alleged that
Gyanendra had a hand in the massacre, the news portal
Gyanendra, who for the first time acquired a passport
in his name?at the age of 64 last month, is in India on a
personal visit since the first week of December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015