Hafiz Saeed challenges VVIP culture in Pakistan
Islamabad: Mumbai terror attacks` mastermind and one of the best known Pakistani jihadi leader Hafiz Muhammad Saeed has filed a petition challenging VVIP culture in the country and requesting its abolishment.
Justice Ijazul Ahsan of the Lahore High Court on Friday fixed March 25 for arguments on a petition moved by Saeed.
Earlier, the petitioner’s counsel, AK Dogar, stated the VIP culture is ruining the country, as few people are illegally enjoying every facility while the majority is deprived of even essential commodities.
The counsel pointed out that the rulers are living lavish lives, and contended that the staff, household and allowances of the president are Rs 1 million per day; that of Prime Minister’s Secretariat are Rs 1.2 million per day; National Assembly, Rs 4 million per day; Senate, Rs 2 million per day and Cabinet Secretariat Rs 200 million per day.
He stated that Pakistan is printing Rs 300 crore per day, which is the main factor causing inflation, the Daily Times reports.
Dogar stated that Pakistan has rare distinction amongst all the nations of the world as its rulers have built air-conditioned stables for their houses and given them costly fruit jam to eat, while on the other hand hundreds of people rely on garbage for their two-time meals.
According to the paper, he argued that the VIP and VVIP status is ultra vires of the constitutional provisions of equality of status, social and economic justice and principle of democracy as enunciated by Islam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!