Hafiz Saeed challenges VVIP culture in Pakistan
Islamabad: Mumbai terror attacks` mastermind and one of the best known Pakistani jihadi leader Hafiz Muhammad Saeed has filed a petition challenging VVIP culture in the country and requesting its abolishment.
Justice Ijazul Ahsan of the Lahore High Court on Friday fixed March 25 for arguments on a petition moved by Saeed.
Earlier, the petitioner’s counsel, AK Dogar, stated the VIP culture is ruining the country, as few people are illegally enjoying every facility while the majority is deprived of even essential commodities.
The counsel pointed out that the rulers are living lavish lives, and contended that the staff, household and allowances of the president are Rs 1 million per day; that of Prime Minister’s Secretariat are Rs 1.2 million per day; National Assembly, Rs 4 million per day; Senate, Rs 2 million per day and Cabinet Secretariat Rs 200 million per day.
He stated that Pakistan is printing Rs 300 crore per day, which is the main factor causing inflation, the Daily Times reports.
Dogar stated that Pakistan has rare distinction amongst all the nations of the world as its rulers have built air-conditioned stables for their houses and given them costly fruit jam to eat, while on the other hand hundreds of people rely on garbage for their two-time meals.
According to the paper, he argued that the VIP and VVIP status is ultra vires of the constitutional provisions of equality of status, social and economic justice and principle of democracy as enunciated by Islam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India