Hafiz Saeed challenges VVIP culture in Pakistan
Islamabad: Mumbai terror attacks` mastermind and one of the best known Pakistani jihadi leader Hafiz Muhammad Saeed has filed a petition challenging VVIP culture in the country and requesting its abolishment.
Justice Ijazul Ahsan of the Lahore High Court on Friday fixed March 25 for arguments on a petition moved by Saeed.
Earlier, the petitioner’s counsel, AK Dogar, stated the VIP culture is ruining the country, as few people are illegally enjoying every facility while the majority is deprived of even essential commodities.
The counsel pointed out that the rulers are living lavish lives, and contended that the staff, household and allowances of the president are Rs 1 million per day; that of Prime Minister’s Secretariat are Rs 1.2 million per day; National Assembly, Rs 4 million per day; Senate, Rs 2 million per day and Cabinet Secretariat Rs 200 million per day.
He stated that Pakistan is printing Rs 300 crore per day, which is the main factor causing inflation, the Daily Times reports.
Dogar stated that Pakistan has rare distinction amongst all the nations of the world as its rulers have built air-conditioned stables for their houses and given them costly fruit jam to eat, while on the other hand hundreds of people rely on garbage for their two-time meals.
According to the paper, he argued that the VIP and VVIP status is ultra vires of the constitutional provisions of equality of status, social and economic justice and principle of democracy as enunciated by Islam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!