Lahore: Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed has claimed the US is demanding that the Pakistan government should take action against him because he had been opposing American drone strikes.
"The US is demanding the imposition of a ban on JuD because I am raising my voice on drone strikes. If this is my crime, I will continue committing it," he said while delivering a sermon during Friday prayers at the JuD`s mosque in Chauburji here yesterday.
The founder of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba claimed the US was "speaking the language of India".
Though the regime of former military ruler Pervez Musharraf banned the LeT, Pakistani authorities only placed the JuD on a "watch list" after the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
Saeed, for whom the US has offered a bounty of USD 10 million, has been accused of masterminding the assault on India`s financial hub that killed 166 people.
President Barack Obama raised the activities of the JuD and Saeed when he met Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in Washington on Wednesday.
Saeed claimed the Obama administration was building pressure on the Pakistan government to act against the JuD. "But let me tell them that we are not afraid of any ban or sanctions," he said.
He also claimed the Pakistan government had put the Kashmir issue on the back burner because of "their weaknesses".