Hafiz Saeed slams re-opening of NATO supply routes
Islamabad: Defense of Pakistan Council Chief Hafiz Saeed has said that NATO supplies routes to Afghanistan must not be reopened even if the United States has apologised over killings of 24 soldiers at Salalah check post.
Saeed said that the resumption of supply routes must not take place since the blood of Pakistani soldiers was not so cheap that only a few words could be sufficient to condoning it and allowing the killers of millions of people to get away with their crimes against humanity.
Meanwhile, religious groups in Pakistan have expressed anger over the government’s plan to reopen NATO supply routes, saying such an act would never be in the interests of the country and Islam.
Religious leaders said that resumption of NATO supply routes would be ‘assisting enemies in killing Afghan Muslim brothers’.
Defense of Pakistan Council (DPC) said it would re-launch its agitation movement against the rulers for compromising on vital national interests and honour.
According to The News, Jamaat-e-Islami’s Ameer Syed Munawar Hasan said it would be a ‘foolish decision, which the nation would never forgive.’
Hasan said if the government stuck to its decision of stopping NATO supplies, the US and NATO would be forced to withdraw from the region.
He further stressed that by restoring supplies, ‘the rulers would be selling the independence of the country and neighbouring Afghanistan for dollars’.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents