Hafiz Saeed wants Pak to talk water with India
Lahore: Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed has called on the Pakistan government to hold "serious talks" with India over the issue of sharing of river water.
He made the remarks while addressing a meeting of JuD activists in the border city of Sialkot, 70 km from Lahore, on Monday.
"Islamabad should hold a serious dialogue with New Delhi on this crucial issue, which will damage the agriculture-based economy of Pakistan," he claimed.
"India is trying to render our country barren by stopping water coming here," he further claimed.
The founder of the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba said the world community could never ignore the sacrifices of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
"Sacrifices by thousands of Kashmiris will soon bear fruit," he claimed.
Criticising the Pakistan People`s Party-led government for reopening NATO supply routes to Afghanistan, Saeed said the Defa-e-Pakistan Council will continue its protests against the decision.
The government recently ended a seven-month blockade of the supply lines after the US apologised for a NATO air strike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers last November.
Though the US has offered a bounty of 10 million dollars for Saeed, the JuD leader has been freely holding public meetings across the country, especially in Punjab province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read