Hafiz Saeed`s petition on drone attacks adjourned
Lahore: A Pakistani court has adjourned till September 30 a petition filed by Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Muhammad Saeed, asking it to direct the government to take steps to US drone attacks in the country’s tribal belt.
Justice Sheikh Azmat Saeed of the Lahore High Court yesterday adjourned the hearing of the petition after Deputy Attorney General Zia Al-Qamar Bhatti sought more time to file a reply on behalf of the government.
In his petition, Saeed had asked the court to direct the government to implement a resolution unanimously passed by Parliament against US drone attacks on Pakistani soil.
Saeed`s counsel AK Dogar opposed the Deputy Attorney General’s request, describing it as a delaying tactic.
The judge directed Bhatti to file a reply at the next hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE STREAMING: West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2
- ISRO to launch weather satellite next month
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi