Hakimullah alive, will release video tape soon: Taliban commander
Islamabad: While Pakistani and US officials are uncertain over the fate of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief Hakeemullah Mehsud, a Taliban commander has claimed that the extremist chieftain in well and alive and would soon release a video tape to prove that he has not died in US drone attack.
“Now I am dead sure he is alive. I personally held a meeting with him and found him safe and sound,” The News quoted the unnamed commander, as saying.
He said the Taliban ‘shura’ (council) has advised Hakimullah to maintain silence after reports of his death surfaced in the media earlier last month.
“Now I will prove to them that I am alive but will ask them to explain why they declared me dead, these reports hurt my fellow fighters as well as friends and relatives having no direct access to me,” the commander quoted Hakimullah, as saying.
Hakimullah had released an audiotape confirming he was alive, just two days after media reported that he has died of injuries sustained during a US drone strike in North Waziristan on January 14.
Last week, another rumour surfaced that Maulvi Noor Jamal, a local Taliban commander in the restive Orakzai tribal agency, had replaced Hakimullah.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday