`Hakimullah no longer running Pak Taliban`
Washington: The Pentagon on Thursday said that Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud is no longer running the terrorist outfit, even as news reports from that country claimed that he is still alive.
It has been widely believed that Hakimullah, who had succeeded Baitullah Mehsud, was killed in a drone attack early this year.
"I can also tell you that I certainly have seen no evidence that the person you speak of is operational today or is executing or exerting authority over the Pakistan Taliban as he once did," Pentagon spokesman Geoff Morrell told reporters at a news briefing.
"I don`t know if that reflects him being alive or dead, but he clearly is not running the Pakistani Taliban anymore," Morrell said in response to a question if Mehsud was dead or alive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you