Hamid Karzai leaves for Bonn meet
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai left for Germany on Friday to attend an international conference on the security situation and the future of his country, a statement released by his office said.
"Hamid Karzai, the president of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, left for Bonn city, Germany, on Friday to attend the international conference on Afghanistan," a news agency quoted the statement as saying.
The Bonn conference would begin Dec 5.
During his five-day stay in Germany, Karzai, besides briefing the participants about the situation in the post-Taliban Afghanistan over the past 10 years, would also exchange views with UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and other world leaders.
Afghanistan`s achievements in the past 10 years, the security transition from NATO-led troops to Afghan government forces, peace talks with Taliban and the international community`s support to the country would be discussed, the statement said.
Pakistan has refused to attend the conference to protest the NATO airstrikes on two border check-posts that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?