Hamid Mir attack: Pak Taliban claims responsibility
Peshawar: The Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for the assassination attempt on senior a senior Geo TV journalist and anchor Hamid Mir a day earlier and has warned of more attacks on anyone pursuing the secular agenda.
Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan said that Mir was following a secular agenda and was helping those who were working against the principles of Islam adding that their organisation would continue to target all those who were becoming party to propagation against ``jihad``, reports The Dawn.
Ehsan further said that those targeting the Taliban would be targeted with explosives. A bomb was apparently planted under Mir`s car while he stopped at a market for a few minutes before returning to his house in Islamabad on Monday. The explosive device in a metal box was found stuck under the front passenger seat of Mir`s car, according to city police chief Bani Amin. The bomb disposal squad was immediately called, who successfully defused the bomb containing half a kilogram of explosive material, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker