Hamid Mir attack: Pak Taliban claims responsibility
Peshawar: The Pakistani Taliban has claimed responsibility for the assassination attempt on senior a senior Geo TV journalist and anchor Hamid Mir a day earlier and has warned of more attacks on anyone pursuing the secular agenda.
Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan said that Mir was following a secular agenda and was helping those who were working against the principles of Islam adding that their organisation would continue to target all those who were becoming party to propagation against ``jihad``, reports The Dawn.
Ehsan further said that those targeting the Taliban would be targeted with explosives. A bomb was apparently planted under Mir`s car while he stopped at a market for a few minutes before returning to his house in Islamabad on Monday. The explosive device in a metal box was found stuck under the front passenger seat of Mir`s car, according to city police chief Bani Amin. The bomb disposal squad was immediately called, who successfully defused the bomb containing half a kilogram of explosive material, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened