Hand over Kasab’s body or we’ll target Indians: Taliban
Islamabad: Pakistan Taliban on Thursday threatened to attack Indian targets to avenge the execution of Mohammad Ajmal Kasab. The Lashkar-e-Toiba terrorist was hanged till death, yesterday, for killing innocents on the streets of Mumbai on 26/11. The deadly terror strike on November 26, 2008 had killed 166 people and scarred hundreds other for life.
While the Pakistan government said that it has not received any request from Kasab’s family to bring back the body, the Pakistan Taliban has taken up the issue and demanded that his body be returned.
In an open threat, Taliban spokesman Ehsanullah said that his outfit has decided to target Indians. Speaking by telephone to news agency Reuters from an undisclosed location, Ehsan said, “We have decided to target Indians to avenge the killing of Ajmal Kasab."
Ehsan demanded that India return Kasab`s body.
"If they don`t return his body to us or his family we will capture Indians and will not return their bodies," he said, adding that the Taliban will try to strike Indian targets "anywhere".
The Taliban, who are close to al Qaeda, are seen as one of the biggest security threats in Pakistan and are blamed for many of the suicide bombings across the country. They have not carried out major attacks abroad.
Kasab was charged with 86 offences, including murder and waging war against the Indian state, in charge-sheet running to more than 11,000 pages.
It was the first time a capital sentence had been carried out in India since 2004.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know