Haqqani, Al Qaeda commanders killed in Pak drone strikes
Islamabad: Nearly 17 people were killed, including a `commander` of the Haqqani network and an Al Qaeda operative, in drone strike in North Waziristan earlier this week.
Official sources said that those killed in the strike included Mullah Akhtar Zadran, a `commander` of the Haqqani network, and Abu Saif Al-Jazeri, an operative of Al Qaeda.
According to Dawn News, two Punjabi militant `commanders`, Rana Ashraf and Naveed Butt, are also said to be killed in the strike.
Sources said that the other 13 victims were `foot soldiers`. However, there was no independent confirmation of the claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO