Haqqani, Al Qaeda commanders killed in Pak drone strikes
Islamabad: Nearly 17 people were killed, including a `commander` of the Haqqani network and an Al Qaeda operative, in drone strike in North Waziristan earlier this week.
Official sources said that those killed in the strike included Mullah Akhtar Zadran, a `commander` of the Haqqani network, and Abu Saif Al-Jazeri, an operative of Al Qaeda.
According to Dawn News, two Punjabi militant `commanders`, Rana Ashraf and Naveed Butt, are also said to be killed in the strike.
Sources said that the other 13 victims were `foot soldiers`. However, there was no independent confirmation of the claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read