Haqqani, Al Qaeda commanders killed in Pak drone strikes
Islamabad: Nearly 17 people were killed, including a `commander` of the Haqqani network and an Al Qaeda operative, in drone strike in North Waziristan earlier this week.
Official sources said that those killed in the strike included Mullah Akhtar Zadran, a `commander` of the Haqqani network, and Abu Saif Al-Jazeri, an operative of Al Qaeda.
According to Dawn News, two Punjabi militant `commanders`, Rana Ashraf and Naveed Butt, are also said to be killed in the strike.
Sources said that the other 13 victims were `foot soldiers`. However, there was no independent confirmation of the claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore