Haqqani, Al Qaeda commanders killed in Pak drone strikes
Islamabad: Nearly 17 people were killed, including a `commander` of the Haqqani network and an Al Qaeda operative, in drone strike in North Waziristan earlier this week.
Official sources said that those killed in the strike included Mullah Akhtar Zadran, a `commander` of the Haqqani network, and Abu Saif Al-Jazeri, an operative of Al Qaeda.
According to Dawn News, two Punjabi militant `commanders`, Rana Ashraf and Naveed Butt, are also said to be killed in the strike.
Sources said that the other 13 victims were `foot soldiers`. However, there was no independent confirmation of the claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued