Haqqani, Al Qaeda commanders killed in Pak drone strikes
Islamabad: Nearly 17 people were killed, including a `commander` of the Haqqani network and an Al Qaeda operative, in drone strike in North Waziristan earlier this week.
Official sources said that those killed in the strike included Mullah Akhtar Zadran, a `commander` of the Haqqani network, and Abu Saif Al-Jazeri, an operative of Al Qaeda.
According to Dawn News, two Punjabi militant `commanders`, Rana Ashraf and Naveed Butt, are also said to be killed in the strike.
Sources said that the other 13 victims were `foot soldiers`. However, there was no independent confirmation of the claim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'