Haqqani to challenge Pak Memo Commission`s report
Islamabad: Minutes after a probe panel said that Husain Haqqani had written a memo that President Asif Ali Zardari feared a coup, Pakistan`s former envoy to the US tweeted that this "will be challenged by my lawyers".
Haqqani tweeted: "One-sided proceedings of Commission that refused to hear me will be challenged by my lawyers."
A secret memo that Zardari feared a coup after Osama`s killing was "real" and was written by former envoy to the US Husain Haqqani, said the probe panel report submitted to the Supreme Court Tuesday.
The `memogate` commission`s report was submitted to a nine-member larger bench, reported Geo News.
Just four minutes after that tweet, he wrote: "Those who endorsed military dictators & allowed them 2 amend constitution cannot judge my -or anyone else`s-patriotism."
Barely two minutes later, he tweeted: "Patriotism cannot be judged by those who bend over backwards 4 a foreign accuser but dont even hear Pakistani citizen`s version."
The probe commission report also said Haqqani was not loyal to his country as he was living abroad.
The Supreme Court-appointed commission probed Pakistani American businessman Mansoor Ijaz`s claim to have last year delivered a secret memo to then US joint chiefs chairman Admiral Mike Mullen at the behest of Haqqani and the Pakistani government.
The memo said that Zardari feared a coup after Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden was killed last May by US commandos. The existence of the memo triggered a scandal and cost Haqqani his job.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth