Haqqani’s son among 4 killed in N Waziristan drone strike
Miranshah: Four Taliban, including Taliban commander Muhammad Haqqani, son of Jalaluddin Haqqani, were killed when US drones fired two missiles in North Waziristan on Thursday.
The News quoted a private TV channel as stating that the son of the most wanted Afghan Taliban commander was reportedly among those killed in the latest US drone strike.
Two other Taliban were also injured in the attack.
The attack was the fourth US bombing since Sunday in North Waziristan, and struck a stronghold of the al Qaeda-linked Haqqani network.
The air strike occurred in Danday Darpakhel village near Jalaluddin Haqqani’s madrassa, four kilometres north of the agency headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh