Haqqani’s son among 4 killed in N Waziristan drone strike
Miranshah: Four Taliban, including Taliban commander Muhammad Haqqani, son of Jalaluddin Haqqani, were killed when US drones fired two missiles in North Waziristan on Thursday.
The News quoted a private TV channel as stating that the son of the most wanted Afghan Taliban commander was reportedly among those killed in the latest US drone strike.
Two other Taliban were also injured in the attack.
The attack was the fourth US bombing since Sunday in North Waziristan, and struck a stronghold of the al Qaeda-linked Haqqani network.
The air strike occurred in Danday Darpakhel village near Jalaluddin Haqqani’s madrassa, four kilometres north of the agency headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch