Haqqani’s son among 4 killed in N Waziristan drone strike
Miranshah: Four Taliban, including Taliban commander Muhammad Haqqani, son of Jalaluddin Haqqani, were killed when US drones fired two missiles in North Waziristan on Thursday.
The News quoted a private TV channel as stating that the son of the most wanted Afghan Taliban commander was reportedly among those killed in the latest US drone strike.
Two other Taliban were also injured in the attack.
The attack was the fourth US bombing since Sunday in North Waziristan, and struck a stronghold of the al Qaeda-linked Haqqani network.
The air strike occurred in Danday Darpakhel village near Jalaluddin Haqqani’s madrassa, four kilometres north of the agency headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!