Haqqani’s son among 4 killed in N Waziristan drone strike
Miranshah: Four Taliban, including Taliban commander Muhammad Haqqani, son of Jalaluddin Haqqani, were killed when US drones fired two missiles in North Waziristan on Thursday.
The News quoted a private TV channel as stating that the son of the most wanted Afghan Taliban commander was reportedly among those killed in the latest US drone strike.
Two other Taliban were also injured in the attack.
The attack was the fourth US bombing since Sunday in North Waziristan, and struck a stronghold of the al Qaeda-linked Haqqani network.
The air strike occurred in Danday Darpakhel village near Jalaluddin Haqqani’s madrassa, four kilometres north of the agency headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS