Haqqani’s son among 4 killed in N Waziristan drone strike
Miranshah: Four Taliban, including Taliban commander Muhammad Haqqani, son of Jalaluddin Haqqani, were killed when US drones fired two missiles in North Waziristan on Thursday.
The News quoted a private TV channel as stating that the son of the most wanted Afghan Taliban commander was reportedly among those killed in the latest US drone strike.
Two other Taliban were also injured in the attack.
The attack was the fourth US bombing since Sunday in North Waziristan, and struck a stronghold of the al Qaeda-linked Haqqani network.
The air strike occurred in Danday Darpakhel village near Jalaluddin Haqqani’s madrassa, four kilometres north of the agency headquarters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- S Korea offers Tokyo-funded money to 'comfort women'
- Jurgen Klopp tries to keep peace with frustrated Daniel Sturridge
- Iraqi, Syrian foreign ministers meet in Baghdad
- Will not be bullied, will definitely visit Pakistan to talk peace: Ramya
- Xioami Redmi Note 4 launched, comes with 10-core processor, 4,100 mAh battery