Hasina wishes Sonia `speedy and complete` recovery
Dhaka: Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has wished "early and complete recovery" to Congress
President Sonia Gandhi, who has undergone a surgery in a US
"On behalf of the people and government of Bangladesh,
and on my own personal behalf and that of my children
(family), I wish you early and complete recovery. You are
always in our prayers," Hasina said in a letter to Gandhi.
Recalling Gandhi`s recent visit to Bangladesh, Hasina
said "the impact you made during your visit and your generous
message of affection and praise that you lavished on us have
endeared you with all of us here and reaffirmed resoundingly
that the bonds of close friendship between Bangladesh and
India are deep and abidingly enduring".
"At this hour of personal angst, I simply wish to convey
to you that I and the people of Bangladesh stand by you, my
sister, and pray for your full and speedy recovery."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days