Hasina wishes Sonia `speedy and complete` recovery
Dhaka: Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has wished "early and complete recovery" to Congress
President Sonia Gandhi, who has undergone a surgery in a US
"On behalf of the people and government of Bangladesh,
and on my own personal behalf and that of my children
(family), I wish you early and complete recovery. You are
always in our prayers," Hasina said in a letter to Gandhi.
Recalling Gandhi`s recent visit to Bangladesh, Hasina
said "the impact you made during your visit and your generous
message of affection and praise that you lavished on us have
endeared you with all of us here and reaffirmed resoundingly
that the bonds of close friendship between Bangladesh and
India are deep and abidingly enduring".
"At this hour of personal angst, I simply wish to convey
to you that I and the people of Bangladesh stand by you, my
sister, and pray for your full and speedy recovery."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA