High-level Chinese delegation in Nepal
Kathmandu: A high-level Chinese
delegation led by a senior leader of the Communist Party of
China on Saturday arrived here on a five-day visit during which it
will hold discussions with the country`s top leadership on the
current political situation.
The 21-member Chinese delegation led by He Yong,
secretary at the secretariat of Central Committee of Communist
Party of China (CPC), is here at the joint invitation of three
major political parties Maoists, Nepali Congress and CPN-UML.
During the visit, the Chinese delegation is scheduled
to meet with President Ram Baran Yadav, care-taker Prime
Minister Madhav Kumar Nepal and top leaders of major political
Their discussion will mainly focus on the current
political situation, the ongoing peace process and drafting of
the new constitution, sources said.
The visit assumes significance in the wake of the
political deadlock in Nepal over non-election of a new Prime
Minister for more than two months.
The visit also comes on the heels of a controversy
over an audio tape in which Maoist leader Krishna Bahadur
Mahara allegedly demanded Rs 500 million from a Chinese leader
"to buy Parliament members to support Prachanda."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!