Hillary Clinton wishes New Year to people of Nepal
Washington: Greeting the people of Nepal on the occasion of their New Year (Bikram Sambat), Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the US looks forward to working with them to continue to strengthen the foundations of peace and prosperity.
"On behalf of President Obama and the people of the US, I am delighted to send best wishes to the people of Nepal as you celebrate the New Year," Hillary said in a statement.
"As Nepalis around the world reflect on the achievements of the past year and look ahead to new possibilities and opportunities, know that the US stands with you as a steadfast friend and partner," she said.
"We look forward to working with Nepal to continue to strengthen the foundations of peace and prosperity in the years to come. Enjoy a safe and happy holiday.”
"Naya Barshako Shubha - Kamana!" Hillary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- LIVE: Pakistan's nuclear weapons may fall into hands of jihadists, fears Hillary Clinton
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’