Hillary Clinton wishes New Year to people of Nepal
Washington: Greeting the people of Nepal on the occasion of their New Year (Bikram Sambat), Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the US looks forward to working with them to continue to strengthen the foundations of peace and prosperity.
"On behalf of President Obama and the people of the US, I am delighted to send best wishes to the people of Nepal as you celebrate the New Year," Hillary said in a statement.
"As Nepalis around the world reflect on the achievements of the past year and look ahead to new possibilities and opportunities, know that the US stands with you as a steadfast friend and partner," she said.
"We look forward to working with Nepal to continue to strengthen the foundations of peace and prosperity in the years to come. Enjoy a safe and happy holiday.”
"Naya Barshako Shubha - Kamana!" Hillary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister