Hillary telephones Zardari, discusses ties
Islamabad: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton discussed bilateral ties with President Asif Ali Zardari during a telephone call on Thursday night, an official said.
Presidential spokesperson Farhatullah Babar said that the two leaders discussed bilateral ties, the regional situation and the fight against militancy.
Ties between Washington and Islamabad became strained after US commandos gunned down al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden at his hideout in Abbottabad city on May 02.
Hillary said that the US valued its partnership with Pakistan and that it supported democracy in the country, Associated Press of Pakistan reported.
Zardari said that Pakistan looked forward to a continued partnership and productive engagement with the US on the basis of mutual interest, mutual respect and sovereign equality.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic