Hillary telephones Zardari, expresses grief over flood deaths
Islamabad: US Secretary of State Hillary
Clinton tonight telephoned President Asif Ali Zardari and
expressed grief over the loss of lives and destruction of
infrastructure and property in the massive floods in Pakistan.
Clinton said the people and government of the United
States were with the people of Pakistan in these difficult
times, Presidential spokesman said.
The US Secretary of State said the US will continue to
extend all possible help to mitigate the sufferings of the
victims of floods and take part in the rescue, relief and
rehabilitation operations, the spokesman said.
Clinton also praised the courage with which the people
of Pakistan had braved the adversity.
She also offered condolences to the people who had
lost their near and dear ones and suffered other losses in the
President Zardari thanked Clinton for her concern and
He said that the floods were unprecedented in the last
one century and called for greater international support in
meeting the challenges of relief and rehabilitation, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security