Hillary to visit Pakistan next week
Islamabad: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will visit Pakistan next week as part of a tour of Muslim countries deeply engaged by Washington, according to a news report attributed to diplomatic sources.
During the tour, Hillary is scheduled to hold talks with leaders of the National Transition Council (NTC) in Libya, and with the presidents of Afghanistan and Pakistan, The News quoted sources, as saying.
The US Secretary of State’s diplomatic sweep could possibly also include Iraq as well, the sources added.
Hillary is expected to arrive in Islamabad mid-week and stay for one day.
During the visit, she is scheduled to deliver what the sources described as an “Af-Pak policy statement” in an address to Pakistani defence and strategic affairs analysts.
The sources speculated that, as has often been the practice of the Obama administration, Hillary may also deliver a letter from US President Barack Obama to his Pakistani counterpart, Asif Ali Zardari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!