Hillary to visit Pakistan next week
Islamabad: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will visit Pakistan next week as part of a tour of Muslim countries deeply engaged by Washington, according to a news report attributed to diplomatic sources.
During the tour, Hillary is scheduled to hold talks with leaders of the National Transition Council (NTC) in Libya, and with the presidents of Afghanistan and Pakistan, The News quoted sources, as saying.
The US Secretary of State’s diplomatic sweep could possibly also include Iraq as well, the sources added.
Hillary is expected to arrive in Islamabad mid-week and stay for one day.
During the visit, she is scheduled to deliver what the sources described as an “Af-Pak policy statement” in an address to Pakistani defence and strategic affairs analysts.
The sources speculated that, as has often been the practice of the Obama administration, Hillary may also deliver a letter from US President Barack Obama to his Pakistani counterpart, Asif Ali Zardari.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you