Hillary to visit Pakistan next week
Islamabad: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will visit Pakistan next week as part of a tour of Muslim countries deeply engaged by Washington, according to a news report attributed to diplomatic sources.
During the tour, Hillary is scheduled to hold talks with leaders of the National Transition Council (NTC) in Libya, and with the presidents of Afghanistan and Pakistan, The News quoted sources, as saying.
The US Secretary of State’s diplomatic sweep could possibly also include Iraq as well, the sources added.
Hillary is expected to arrive in Islamabad mid-week and stay for one day.
During the visit, she is scheduled to deliver what the sources described as an “Af-Pak policy statement” in an address to Pakistani defence and strategic affairs analysts.
The sources speculated that, as has often been the practice of the Obama administration, Hillary may also deliver a letter from US President Barack Obama to his Pakistani counterpart, Asif Ali Zardari.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!