Hillary will announce plans to visit Pakistan: Kerry
Islamabad: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is to announce plans to visit Pakistan, Senator John Kerry said on Monday during a visit to Islamabad designed to ease distrust after US troops killed Osama bin Laden.
Kerry said Pakistan had "recommitted to find more ways to work against the common threat of terrorism" and to increase cooperation on intelligence sharing and operations to "defeat the enemies that we face".
"Later this week, two senior United States government officials will arrive in Islamabad to work on the details," of "these initial steps," he said in a televised statement.
He then added: "Secretary of State Clinton will soon announce plans to visit Pakistan to develop new trust."
"This relationship is not only about the threats that we face, it`s about partnership with the people of Pakistan," Kerry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown