Hillary will announce plans to visit Pakistan: Kerry
Islamabad: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton is to announce plans to visit Pakistan, Senator John Kerry said on Monday during a visit to Islamabad designed to ease distrust after US troops killed Osama bin Laden.
Kerry said Pakistan had "recommitted to find more ways to work against the common threat of terrorism" and to increase cooperation on intelligence sharing and operations to "defeat the enemies that we face".
"Later this week, two senior United States government officials will arrive in Islamabad to work on the details," of "these initial steps," he said in a televised statement.
He then added: "Secretary of State Clinton will soon announce plans to visit Pakistan to develop new trust."
"This relationship is not only about the threats that we face, it`s about partnership with the people of Pakistan," Kerry said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai