Hina attempted suicide over husband’s infidelity
Islamabad: Hina Rabbani Khar and Bilawal Bhutto appear to be on a collision course with their families over their desire to turn their love affair into marriage.
As per Bangladeshi tabloid, The Blitz, Hina’s husband Firoze Gulzar had called up his wife, who is New York for the UN summit with Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari, to seek clarification on the "scandal" being tossed around by the media.
The tabloid claims that Hina told her husband to send the link of the news story that he was referring to and Gulzar subsequently sent the same to his wife.
When he called her up again, Hina reportedly asked him: "where did you get all of this rubbish stuff?" and cut the line.
However, Gulzar is said to have known about the secret relationship between his wife and Bilawal for a while now. He got suspicious when he realized that his wife was brining souvenirs for Bilawal on each of her foreign tours.
He also saw her spend long hours chatting on the internet with Bilawal. When he asked Hina about what was that made her spend long hours on the internet with Bilawal, his wife reportedly tried to convince him that she was discussing political and diplomatic issues with the president of Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) with the aim to enrich his knowledge.
The Blitz, which was the first to report the story, claims that Feorze was not convinced and tried to argue with Hina, to which she turned furious and warned him that she would leave him if he doesn’t change his attitude.
The seeds of the distrust between Hina and Gulzar were sown after Hina Rabbani Khar caught him having extra-marital affair with a female staffer in one of his business ventures, The Blitz claimed, adding that Hina was terribly shocked at the betrayal of her husband and had attempted to commit suicide by taking sleeping pills.
Hina also crossed swords with Bilawal’s father Asif Ali Zardari after he came to know about the contents of the romantic greetings card sent by his foreign minister to his son.
The Blitz says that the President immediately called Hina Rabbani Khar and expressed anger for her extra-marital affairs with his ‘minor son’, but Hina was unperturbed and replied in a harsh tone that Zardari was being mean and asked him to refrain from interfering in her personal affairs".
When Bilawal came to know about his father’s rudeness towards his lady love, he reportedly threatened to leave the post of the chairman of Pakistan People`s Party and leave the country by the end of the year. Hina would also resign by then and marry Bilawal, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends