Hina Khar taking a sabbatical from politics for time being
Islamabad: Former Pakistan foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar has further distanced herself from another stint in the National Assembly.
The Express Tribune quoted Khar, as saying that she had applied as a covering candidate to her father, Ghulam Rabbani Khar, for NA-177.
As her father`s papers cleared the test of Article 62 and Article 63 of the Constitution, Khar maintainted that would be that for her political career, for now.
Surprisingly, she did not apply for one of the reserved seats for women on the Pakistan Peoples Party ticket.
Ghulam Rabbani Khar had not contested the 2008 elections owing to the graduation condition. Hina, who did meet the criteria, was elected from NA-177.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH