Hina Khar taking a sabbatical from politics for time being
Islamabad: Former Pakistan foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar has further distanced herself from another stint in the National Assembly.
The Express Tribune quoted Khar, as saying that she had applied as a covering candidate to her father, Ghulam Rabbani Khar, for NA-177.
As her father`s papers cleared the test of Article 62 and Article 63 of the Constitution, Khar maintainted that would be that for her political career, for now.
Surprisingly, she did not apply for one of the reserved seats for women on the Pakistan Peoples Party ticket.
Ghulam Rabbani Khar had not contested the 2008 elections owing to the graduation condition. Hina, who did meet the criteria, was elected from NA-177.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'