Hina Khar taking a sabbatical from politics for time being
Islamabad: Former Pakistan foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar has further distanced herself from another stint in the National Assembly.
The Express Tribune quoted Khar, as saying that she had applied as a covering candidate to her father, Ghulam Rabbani Khar, for NA-177.
As her father`s papers cleared the test of Article 62 and Article 63 of the Constitution, Khar maintainted that would be that for her political career, for now.
Surprisingly, she did not apply for one of the reserved seats for women on the Pakistan Peoples Party ticket.
Ghulam Rabbani Khar had not contested the 2008 elections owing to the graduation condition. Hina, who did meet the criteria, was elected from NA-177.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic