Hina Khar taking a sabbatical from politics for time being
Islamabad: Former Pakistan foreign minister Hina Rabbani Khar has further distanced herself from another stint in the National Assembly.
The Express Tribune quoted Khar, as saying that she had applied as a covering candidate to her father, Ghulam Rabbani Khar, for NA-177.
As her father`s papers cleared the test of Article 62 and Article 63 of the Constitution, Khar maintainted that would be that for her political career, for now.
Surprisingly, she did not apply for one of the reserved seats for women on the Pakistan Peoples Party ticket.
Ghulam Rabbani Khar had not contested the 2008 elections owing to the graduation condition. Hina, who did meet the criteria, was elected from NA-177.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video