Hina Rabbani Khar for continuing Indo-Pak dialogue
Islamabad: Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani
Khar on Tuesday called for continuing the India-Pakistan dialogue
process in a "sustained, time-bound and result-oriented
manner" to decrease "mistrust" between the two neighbours.
Khar made the remarks during a meeting with Indian High
Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal, who called on her to discuss
bilateral relations and the dialogue process that was resumed
by the two sides last year after a gap of over two years in
the wake of the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
"Taking note of recent contacts between the two
countries, the Foreign Minister underscored the need for
continuation of the dialogue process in a sustained,
time-bound and result-oriented manner," said a statement from
Pakistan`s Foreign Office.
Khar "emphasized that such contacts would be useful in
decreasing the mistrust and improving the atmospherics", the
Sabharwal "expressed appreciation" for Khar`s "efforts
and commitment to the dialogue process", the statement added.
India and Pakistan are expected to begin a fresh round of
their dialogue process in the near future.
The two sides have taken several steps to boost trade and
economic ties and Pakistan has announced it intends to give
India Most Favoured Nation-status by the end of the year.
However, the lack of progress in the trial of the
perpetrators of the Mumbai terror attacks, including
Lashkar-e-Taiba operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi,
continues to be an irritant in bilateral relations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes