Hina Rabbani Khar for continuing Indo-Pak dialogue
Islamabad: Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani
Khar on Tuesday called for continuing the India-Pakistan dialogue
process in a "sustained, time-bound and result-oriented
manner" to decrease "mistrust" between the two neighbours.
Khar made the remarks during a meeting with Indian High
Commissioner Sharat Sabharwal, who called on her to discuss
bilateral relations and the dialogue process that was resumed
by the two sides last year after a gap of over two years in
the wake of the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
"Taking note of recent contacts between the two
countries, the Foreign Minister underscored the need for
continuation of the dialogue process in a sustained,
time-bound and result-oriented manner," said a statement from
Pakistan`s Foreign Office.
Khar "emphasized that such contacts would be useful in
decreasing the mistrust and improving the atmospherics", the
Sabharwal "expressed appreciation" for Khar`s "efforts
and commitment to the dialogue process", the statement added.
India and Pakistan are expected to begin a fresh round of
their dialogue process in the near future.
The two sides have taken several steps to boost trade and
economic ties and Pakistan has announced it intends to give
India Most Favoured Nation-status by the end of the year.
However, the lack of progress in the trial of the
perpetrators of the Mumbai terror attacks, including
Lashkar-e-Taiba operations commander Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi,
continues to be an irritant in bilateral relations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks