Hina Rabbani Khar to visit Sri Lanka in August
Islamabad: Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar will visit Sri Lanka during August 1-3 to review progress in bilateral ties and to identify areas for strengthening cooperation between the two countries.
Khar will visit Sri Lanka at the invitation of Foreign Minister GL Peiris.
"During the visit, the two sides will review progress in bilateral relations and identify areas for further strengthening bilateral cooperation in a comprehensive manner," the Foreign Office said in a statement issued today.
During the three-day visit, Khar will call on President Mahinda Rajapaksa and meet several top leaders.
Pakistani officials said her discussions will focus on strengthening political, defence, cultural, tourism and trade relations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city