Hina Rabbani Khar to visit Sri Lanka in August
Islamabad: Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar will visit Sri Lanka during August 1-3 to review progress in bilateral ties and to identify areas for strengthening cooperation between the two countries.
Khar will visit Sri Lanka at the invitation of Foreign Minister GL Peiris.
"During the visit, the two sides will review progress in bilateral relations and identify areas for further strengthening bilateral cooperation in a comprehensive manner," the Foreign Office said in a statement issued today.
During the three-day visit, Khar will call on President Mahinda Rajapaksa and meet several top leaders.
Pakistani officials said her discussions will focus on strengthening political, defence, cultural, tourism and trade relations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof