Hina Rabbani Khar to visit US soon
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar will soon visit Washington in an effort to chalk out a ``clear-cut`` deal on the relationship between the two countries, a Pakistani diplomat has said.
This will be the first visit by a senior Pakistani official to Washington since the lifting of the seven-month long blockade of the NATO transit routes, reports The Express Tribune.
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had invited Khar during a meeting on the fringes of the recent Afghan conference in Tokyo, the official said.
"The foreign minister accepted the invitation and dates of the visit are being finalised," the official added.
Khar will meet with key US officials, including Hillary, to discuss details of an agreement for future cooperation between the two allies.
An agreement on NATO routes will be one of the key issues, the official said, adding that a deal would be chalked out "covering each and every aspect of bilateral relations".
Despite Washington`s initial reluctance, Islamabad is believed to have convinced the Obama administration of entering into a written agreement identifying not only areas of cooperation, but also ``no-go`` areas.
"There are several bilateral issues which need immediate attention. Islamabad was keen to revive the stalled strategic dialogue to ensure that Pakistan-US ties are not merely confined to security cooperation," said another Pakistani official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill