Hina Rabbani Khar to visit US soon
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar will soon visit Washington in an effort to chalk out a ``clear-cut`` deal on the relationship between the two countries, a Pakistani diplomat has said.
This will be the first visit by a senior Pakistani official to Washington since the lifting of the seven-month long blockade of the NATO transit routes, reports The Express Tribune.
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had invited Khar during a meeting on the fringes of the recent Afghan conference in Tokyo, the official said.
"The foreign minister accepted the invitation and dates of the visit are being finalised," the official added.
Khar will meet with key US officials, including Hillary, to discuss details of an agreement for future cooperation between the two allies.
An agreement on NATO routes will be one of the key issues, the official said, adding that a deal would be chalked out "covering each and every aspect of bilateral relations".
Despite Washington`s initial reluctance, Islamabad is believed to have convinced the Obama administration of entering into a written agreement identifying not only areas of cooperation, but also ``no-go`` areas.
"There are several bilateral issues which need immediate attention. Islamabad was keen to revive the stalled strategic dialogue to ensure that Pakistan-US ties are not merely confined to security cooperation," said another Pakistani official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video