Hina Rabbani Khar to visit US soon
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar will soon visit Washington in an effort to chalk out a ``clear-cut`` deal on the relationship between the two countries, a Pakistani diplomat has said.
This will be the first visit by a senior Pakistani official to Washington since the lifting of the seven-month long blockade of the NATO transit routes, reports The Express Tribune.
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had invited Khar during a meeting on the fringes of the recent Afghan conference in Tokyo, the official said.
"The foreign minister accepted the invitation and dates of the visit are being finalised," the official added.
Khar will meet with key US officials, including Hillary, to discuss details of an agreement for future cooperation between the two allies.
An agreement on NATO routes will be one of the key issues, the official said, adding that a deal would be chalked out "covering each and every aspect of bilateral relations".
Despite Washington`s initial reluctance, Islamabad is believed to have convinced the Obama administration of entering into a written agreement identifying not only areas of cooperation, but also ``no-go`` areas.
"There are several bilateral issues which need immediate attention. Islamabad was keen to revive the stalled strategic dialogue to ensure that Pakistan-US ties are not merely confined to security cooperation," said another Pakistani official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25