Hina Rabbani Khar to visit US soon
Islamabad: Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar will soon visit Washington in an effort to chalk out a ``clear-cut`` deal on the relationship between the two countries, a Pakistani diplomat has said.
This will be the first visit by a senior Pakistani official to Washington since the lifting of the seven-month long blockade of the NATO transit routes, reports The Express Tribune.
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had invited Khar during a meeting on the fringes of the recent Afghan conference in Tokyo, the official said.
"The foreign minister accepted the invitation and dates of the visit are being finalised," the official added.
Khar will meet with key US officials, including Hillary, to discuss details of an agreement for future cooperation between the two allies.
An agreement on NATO routes will be one of the key issues, the official said, adding that a deal would be chalked out "covering each and every aspect of bilateral relations".
Despite Washington`s initial reluctance, Islamabad is believed to have convinced the Obama administration of entering into a written agreement identifying not only areas of cooperation, but also ``no-go`` areas.
"There are several bilateral issues which need immediate attention. Islamabad was keen to revive the stalled strategic dialogue to ensure that Pakistan-US ties are not merely confined to security cooperation," said another Pakistani official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch