Hindu girl rescued in Pakistan, four kidnappers killed
Islamabad: A three-and-a-half-year-old Hindu girl was rescued and her four kidnappers were killed by police in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, a media report said Friday.
The girl named Mahee was abducted July 13 by the family`s servant Rano from the doctors` mess in Walika Hospital where her father, identified as Sunil Dutt, and mother worked, police told Dawn.
The family received a ransom call for Rs 50 million, and the caller said they kidnapped the girl along with the servant. The girl`s father lodged a complaint with the police.
The family engaged kidnappers in talks over the ransom, and it was decided that it would be paid Thursday.
When a suspected kidnapper came to collect the money, police shot and injured him, while his accomplices managed to escape in a car.
The wounded suspect told police where the girl was being held, but he died while being taken to a hospital.
Police later raided a hideout in Neelum Colony, where three suspects opened fire at them. When police retaliated, the three suspects, including the house servant, were killed, while six security personnel were wounded.
After the shooting, Mahee was safely recovered. Police also found four Kalashnikovs, four pistols and Rs 600,000 in cash in the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- SHOCKING! Heads of Moroccan Islamist movement caught having sex on the beach
- Saturn's moon Dione reveals its contrasting features to NASA's Cassini! - See pic
- Divine coincidence! After 5000 years, this 'shubh muhurat' occurs again on Krishna Janmashtami this year—FIND OUT
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Kashmir on Wednesday
- No water for OP Jaisha: Here's what Virat Kohli's former coach Rajkumar Sharma has to say about it