Hindu girl rescued in Pakistan, four kidnappers killed
Islamabad: A three-and-a-half-year-old Hindu girl was rescued and her four kidnappers were killed by police in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, a media report said Friday.
The girl named Mahee was abducted July 13 by the family`s servant Rano from the doctors` mess in Walika Hospital where her father, identified as Sunil Dutt, and mother worked, police told Dawn.
The family received a ransom call for Rs 50 million, and the caller said they kidnapped the girl along with the servant. The girl`s father lodged a complaint with the police.
The family engaged kidnappers in talks over the ransom, and it was decided that it would be paid Thursday.
When a suspected kidnapper came to collect the money, police shot and injured him, while his accomplices managed to escape in a car.
The wounded suspect told police where the girl was being held, but he died while being taken to a hospital.
Police later raided a hideout in Neelum Colony, where three suspects opened fire at them. When police retaliated, the three suspects, including the house servant, were killed, while six security personnel were wounded.
After the shooting, Mahee was safely recovered. Police also found four Kalashnikovs, four pistols and Rs 600,000 in cash in the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon