Hindu girl rescued in Pakistan, four kidnappers killed
Islamabad: A three-and-a-half-year-old Hindu girl was rescued and her four kidnappers were killed by police in Pakistan`s port city of Karachi, a media report said Friday.
The girl named Mahee was abducted July 13 by the family`s servant Rano from the doctors` mess in Walika Hospital where her father, identified as Sunil Dutt, and mother worked, police told Dawn.
The family received a ransom call for Rs 50 million, and the caller said they kidnapped the girl along with the servant. The girl`s father lodged a complaint with the police.
The family engaged kidnappers in talks over the ransom, and it was decided that it would be paid Thursday.
When a suspected kidnapper came to collect the money, police shot and injured him, while his accomplices managed to escape in a car.
The wounded suspect told police where the girl was being held, but he died while being taken to a hospital.
Police later raided a hideout in Neelum Colony, where three suspects opened fire at them. When police retaliated, the three suspects, including the house servant, were killed, while six security personnel were wounded.
After the shooting, Mahee was safely recovered. Police also found four Kalashnikovs, four pistols and Rs 600,000 in cash in the house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre