Hindu graveyard`s property retrieved from land mafia in Pak
Lahore: Pakistani authorities have retrieved the property of an old Hindu graveyard here from the land mafia on the orders of the Supreme Court.
The government retrieved the land on the Grant Trunk Road in Lahore and handed over the graveyard to its caretakers, officials said.
Following the recovery of the land, a Supreme Court bench comprising Justices Tassaduq Hussain Jillani and Asif Saeed Khan Khosa last week disposed of a petition that was filed regarding the graveyard.
The bench acted after an Additional Advocate General of Punjab province informed the judges that the illegal occupation had been ended and the land handed over to the graveyard`s caretakers.
Hindu Sudhar Sabha General Secretary Amarnath Randhawa had filed the petition that said the local land mafia, acting in connivance with government departments, had encroached on the land of the Hindu graveyard and were trying to construct a commercial building.
Randhawa said many properties of the minority Hindu community in Pakistan had been encroached on by land mafias and the government had failed to take any action in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'