Hizbul chief warns Nawaz Sharif against friendship with India
Zee Media Bureau
Islamabad: Even before Pakistan`s would-be PM Nawaz Sharif could act on his vows of improving Indo-Pak ties, a warning has been issued by Hizbul Mujahideen chief Syed Salahuddin, telling him not to ignore "Kashmir cause" and "foster friendship" with New Delhi.
HM chief Salahuddin, who also heads an alliance of all Kashmiri militant organizations (United Jihad Council), has threatened Nawaz with harmful consequences if it pursued "friendship" with New Delhi.
In an interview to a leading newspaper, Salahuddin warned Nawaz "not to repeat the mistake of putting Kashmir on the back burner and try to foster friendship with New Delhi through trade, cultural exchanges and tourism".
"If (Sharif`s government) shows one-sided flexibility, extends an unreciprocated hand of friendship towards India like Musharraf, it will be suicide. What did Pakistan get out of Musharraf`s policies?, he said in the interview.
"No government in Pakistan, whether it is Nawaz Sharif or anybody else, will remain in the chair if it abandons the Kashmir cause," Salahuddin said.
Rebutting the reports of Kashmir issue not being the top priority of Pakistan government, Salahuddin insisted that "Nawaz Sharif and his party`s leadership must understand that till the time Kashmir is under India`s occupation, the national security of Pakistan, the safety and security of its borders, and its economic stability is at stake".
"So our expectation from Nawaz Sharif`s government is that he will make this the first priority and give it central place in the Indo-Pak relationship... Otherwise, it will be lethal to the interests of Pakistan and that of the Kashmir struggle in the same way that it proved to be during the regimes of Musharraf sahib and Zardari sahib," the Hizbul chief said.
Nawaz Sharif`s enthusiasm about building better relations with India has been publicized much with his words about "picking the threads from it was left in 1999" when Lahore accord was signed in Lahore.
Nawaz Sharif had also spoken about inviting PM Manmohan Singh to his oath taking ceremony, but the PMO clarified that no such formal invite has been sent from Pakistan.
PM Manmohan Singh was unusually quick in congratulating Sharif on his victory and he had also invited Sharif to India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly