Holbrooke, CIA chief Panetta call on Zardari
New York: US Special Representative for Pakistan and Afghanistan under the Obama administration Richard Holbrooke and US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) Director Leon Panetta separately called on Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari in New York to discuss US-Pakistan cooperation in wide-ranging areas.
Holbrooke and Zardari discussed measures to enhance bilateral cooperation in energy, social development and other sectors, The Nation reports.
According to reports, the meeting was also attended by Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman A. Malik, Pakistan Finance Minister Shaukat Tareen, Secretary General to the President Salman Farooqui and Pakistan`s ambassador in Washington, Hussain Haqqani.
Meanwhile, Panetta and Zardari discussed issues related to Pakistan`s contribution in the US-led war on terror, intelligence sharing between the two countries and recent initiatives against Taliban militants in northwest Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- With strong quarter growth, Facebook hits 1.71 billion monthly users
- Pakistan again asks India to hold plebiscite in Kashmir
- It happens only in the USA! This circus couple's wedding will make your jaw drop – WATCH Video
- Single Indian women want to write their own wedding vows
- FM Jaitley hits back at Rahul Gandhi, says price rise was at its peak during UPA regime