Hotel bomb kills at least nine, wounds 14 in Pak
Peshawar: A bomb exploded inside a northwestern Pakistani hotel on Thursday, killing at least nine people and wounding more than 14, police said.
"The bomb exploded inside the hotel. At least nine people have been killed and more than 14 were wounded," Mohammad Hussain, a senior police officer in Nowshera town, where the blast took place, told a news agency.
The bomb exploded in the evening as dozens of people were gathered after breaking the day`s fast. Like the rest of the Muslim world, Pakistan is observing the holy month of Ramadan, when the faithful fast from dawn to dusk.
Police said the bomb was planted in a bicycle parked in the front courtyard of the hotel.
"The hotel was destroyed, along with an adjacent hotel. Six nearby shops were badly damaged," Hussain said.
Nowshera is some 50 kilometres northeast of Peshawar, the capital of the troubled northwestern Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province.
An intelligence official in Peshawar confirmed the incident.
Last week 51 people were killed when a suicide bomber blew himself up at a crowded mosque in northwestern Khyber tribal district, the country`s deadliest attack for three months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed