I can make dal and keema: Obama tells Sharif
Washington: Recalling his visit to Pakistan during college days in 1980s, Barack Obama today told Nawaz Sharif that he knows how to cook daal and keema, taught by the mother of his Pakistani roommates.
Obama`s remarks prompted Sharif to invite the US President and the First Lady Michelle to his country to try the delicacies.
Going down memory lane, Obama shared his thoughts during his maiden meeting with Sharif at the White House, reminiscing how the mother of his Pakistani roommates had taught him to cook daal and keema.
"I shared with him (Sharif) that I had the opportunity, back in 1980 when I was a very young man, to visit Pakistan because I had two Pakistani roommates in college whose mothers taught me how to cook daal and keema, and other very good Pakistani food," Obama told reporters.
"And it was a wonderful trip for me, and created a great appreciation and a great love for the Pakistani people," Obama said in his joint media appearance with Sharif.
Obama shared his experience of learning to cook dishes like `daal` and `keema` much to Sharif`s amusement.
Sharif in his remarks while inviting the US President to Pakistan, said that daal and keema is waiting for him and the First Lady in Pakistan.
Daal and Keema immediately brought smile on the face of Sharif and also laughter, who appeared to be serious and kept quite while Obama was speaking to the press.
"Mr President, I admire your statesmanship, your wisdom, and your commitment to high values of peace and stability around the world.
"I thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you and Mrs Obama in Pakistan. Keema and Daal is waiting for you," Sharif said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray