I do not have British citizenship: Rehman Malik
London: Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik has reiterated his claim that he does not have British citizenship.
Addressing a ceremony of the UK Pakistan Chamber of Commerce in London, he said even though he is not a British national, he would take all possible steps for Pakistanis settled overseas, adding that a special cell would be constituted for them, reports The News.
Earlier, Malik met his British counterpart Theresa May to discuss mutual interest issues including elimination of terrorism, human trafficking, eradication of narcotics and visa issues of Pakistanis settled abroad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre