I never received money from Malik Riaz: Imran Khan
Lahore: Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan has denied receiving any money from real estate tycoon Malik Riaz, implicated in the Arsalan case.
Khan said Riaz has turned Pakistan into an auction house by alleging the paying of money to politicians, generals, journalists and bureaucrats, reports the Daily Times.
He said the PTI would always stand by the country’s independent judiciary, adding that the allegations levelled against the Chief Justice of Pakistan were actually meant to paralyse the superior judiciary. The target was not only the Chief Justice but also the entire Supreme Court, he added.
He said Riaz should reveal the names of the people he claims to have paid money to.
"Where all other political parties had benefited from the largesse provided by Malik Riaz, the PTI is the only party that has not received any funding from him," Khan said.
He alleged that a politician from Rawalpindi, "who is in the habit of lying", had been propagating that the PTI`s gathering in the city was financed by "Riaz Bahria".
"This is a blatant lie and there is no truth in all these politically motivated and patently wild allegations," Khan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi