IED blast kills soldier in Pak`s South Waziristan
Islamabad: A Pakistani soldier was killed when an improvised explosive device (IED) went off in South Waziristan tribal region in the country`s restive northwest Monday, the military said.
The explosion occurred in Ladha area of South Waziristan at 4.30 pm, the Inter-Services Public Relations said. No further details of the incident were immediately available.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Several Taliban factions are active in South Waziristan Agency.
The Army yesterday stopped an anti-drone march led by Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan on the edge of South Waziristan due to security concerns.
Khan had to cancel his plans to hold a meeting in Kotkai village in the tribal region to protest the CIA’s drone campaign against Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed