IED blast kills soldier in Pak`s South Waziristan
Islamabad: A Pakistani soldier was killed when an improvised explosive device (IED) went off in South Waziristan tribal region in the country`s restive northwest Monday, the military said.
The explosion occurred in Ladha area of South Waziristan at 4.30 pm, the Inter-Services Public Relations said. No further details of the incident were immediately available.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Several Taliban factions are active in South Waziristan Agency.
The Army yesterday stopped an anti-drone march led by Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan on the edge of South Waziristan due to security concerns.
Khan had to cancel his plans to hold a meeting in Kotkai village in the tribal region to protest the CIA’s drone campaign against Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy