IED blast kills soldier in Pak`s South Waziristan
Islamabad: A Pakistani soldier was killed when an improvised explosive device (IED) went off in South Waziristan tribal region in the country`s restive northwest Monday, the military said.
The explosion occurred in Ladha area of South Waziristan at 4.30 pm, the Inter-Services Public Relations said. No further details of the incident were immediately available.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Several Taliban factions are active in South Waziristan Agency.
The Army yesterday stopped an anti-drone march led by Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan on the edge of South Waziristan due to security concerns.
Khan had to cancel his plans to hold a meeting in Kotkai village in the tribal region to protest the CIA’s drone campaign against Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred