IED blast kills soldier in Pak`s South Waziristan
Islamabad: A Pakistani soldier was killed when an improvised explosive device (IED) went off in South Waziristan tribal region in the country`s restive northwest Monday, the military said.
The explosion occurred in Ladha area of South Waziristan at 4.30 pm, the Inter-Services Public Relations said. No further details of the incident were immediately available.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Several Taliban factions are active in South Waziristan Agency.
The Army yesterday stopped an anti-drone march led by Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan on the edge of South Waziristan due to security concerns.
Khan had to cancel his plans to hold a meeting in Kotkai village in the tribal region to protest the CIA’s drone campaign against Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray