IED blast kills soldier in Pak`s South Waziristan
Islamabad: A Pakistani soldier was killed when an improvised explosive device (IED) went off in South Waziristan tribal region in the country`s restive northwest Monday, the military said.
The explosion occurred in Ladha area of South Waziristan at 4.30 pm, the Inter-Services Public Relations said. No further details of the incident were immediately available.
No group claimed responsibility for the attack.
Several Taliban factions are active in South Waziristan Agency.
The Army yesterday stopped an anti-drone march led by Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan on the edge of South Waziristan due to security concerns.
Khan had to cancel his plans to hold a meeting in Kotkai village in the tribal region to protest the CIA’s drone campaign against Taliban and al Qaeda elements.
- How Twitter can help prevent asthma-related hospitalisation!
- Enrica Lexie case: Italy cites UN tribunal ruling, seeks Italian marine's release; India differs
- Vijay Mallya cries foul, says not given fair trial
- BJP TN chief receives 'threat' message
- Shocking! Water tankers meant for people being sold to businessmen for profit in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed